GAME RESCHEDULING PROTOCOL
*** FOR ALL RESCHEDULE REQUESTS: the new game date MUST be at least TWO WEEKS in advance from the date the request is submitted to the league! This gives the league enough time to book the field and game officials.***
*** NOTE: CONTACT THE OPPOSING TEAM AND AGREE ON A NEW DATE/TIME/FIELD BEFORE NOTIFYING THE LEAGUE ***
Here are the steps to reschedule a regular season game. This does NOT apply to festivals/tournaments or playoff games (any requests for these games will be denied).
STEP 1 MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THE REQUEST!
- The requesting team contacts the opposing team and agree on a new date and time. Team contact information is available under Contact / Team Contacts. Please use phone calls if emails are not being answered! If the teams cannot agree on a new date, then the league will decide the appropriate action. The league's decision will be final.
- The HOME team books a field for the new date/time. Contact your club if a club field is being requested. If a City of Windsor field booking is required, contact the league scheduler FIRST.
The rescheduling request must be received a least two weeks before the date of the scheduled game. Therefore, the new game date/time and field need to be determined BEFORE the request is made. Reschedule requests received less than two weeks before the date of the scheduled game will NOT be approved. AFTER the date/time/field are ALL determined, the requesting team submits a reschedule request from the ECSL site under My Team/ Reschedules/Request. Games starting within 5 days will NOT be displayed in the list of games that can be rescheduled. Enter a brief explanation as to why the game needs to be rescheduled.
- The opposing team will receive an email notification of the reschedule request. They can go to the same section on the site (under View) and approve the request.
- The league scheduler will be notified via email and will approve or deny the request. Timing of the request/game, referee availability and the reason for the change will be taken into consideration.
- If the request is approved, the schedule will be automatically updated and notifications sent.
- The REQUESTING team will be charged a $50 fee for the game reschedule, plus any fees incurred by the booking of the field (City of Windsor fees, for example).
The rescheduling of cancelled games (due to weather, etc) will follow the same protocol after the league scheduler inactivates the game or moves the game to the end of the year. The teams have 5 days from the original game date to complete the request. If the reschedule request is not submitted within that time period the league scheduler will reschedule the game. The HOME team must submit the request in these cases (AFTER booking a field).
There will be no fee charged for games cancelled due to weather, field conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Please remember that you have 5 days to reschedule the abandoned game. It is not necessary that the game be played within 5 days, just that a date be set. Failure to reschedule within the 5 day period will result in the scheduler setting a new game date.
Game officials will be rescheduled by the league.